Calcium deposits?

My mother is in her late 50's and is having a lot of pain on the tops of her feet and in the joints of her big toe when walking; she says it's even worse if she takes a break and sits for a while before starting to walk again. A few years ago, when she was already having some of this pain, a doctor told her she was getting calcium deposits in her feet(as she has in her shoulders). He didn't suggest any treatment, though, and the pain has gotten worse - she limps noticibly when walking, and I know she avoids going out to keep from having to do so. What is this condition really called, and what is its cause? Is there any medical or surgical treatment for it? She's relunctant to visit the doctor now, and I'm hoping to convince her that she doesn't have to live with pain.

Posted By Kati Cowles on July 22, 2002 at 23:54:02:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The podiatrist ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The podiatrist ] [ Disclaimer ]