Fallen arches and inflammation

My podiatrist has diagnosed pain and burning on bottoms of my feet as fallen arches and inflammation due to wearing shoes with poor support and my age of 79 years. I am wearing sturdy, lace-up shoes with an orthotic insert and, at home, rolling a frozen bottle of water over the floor with my foot to decrease inflammation. Two applications of ice has not improved the burning redness. What is the actual medical term for fallen arches and should I get a second opinion for my condition?

Posted By Florence on February 23, 2005 at 11:37:34:

The proprietary gel also provides extra protective padding to help comfort the pain caused by metatarsal soreness. May be used for relieving the burning sensation under the metatarsal heads, calluses and tarsal fat pads.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Foot Forum ] [ Disclaimer ]